Saturday, March 14, 2015

The Rest of Today's Conference Finals

ACC: Notre Dame vs. North Carolina- This is arguably the worst ACC final possible that doesn't include Virginia. Watching this is like watching Phil Mickelson bring his dopey family on the final green. Pick: Who cares? Okay, UNC

Big 12: Kansas vs. Iowa State- At this point, betting against Bill Self before the Big Dance is silly but Iowa State has a horseshoe firmly up their backside. I don't trust either team but I suspect Iowa State will win on 90' shot at the buzzer, so I'll take them.

Big East: Xavier vs. Villanova- I don't trust Xavier any further than I can throw them. They rarely piece together a full 40 minutes and against Villanova, that won't cut it. Villanova is the pick and they lock up a well-deserved 1 seed.

Pac 12: Oregon vs. Arizona- Arizona didn't play well yesterday and found a way to beat a determined UCLA team. They're pretty heavy favorites in this game. I started trusting Arizona so I should stick with them and will.  They're the pick but I'm not confident with it

Mountain West: Wyoming vs. San Diego State- SDSU is a pretty heavy favorite. They play really good defense and Wyoming has problems on offense. As much as I'd like Wyoming to steal a bid, I don't see it. The one thing that helps is, it's unlikely the Aztecs can run away and hide from them so with a little luck, they could but I say they won't 

WAC: New Nexico State vs. Seattle- New Mexico State is the pick and they could be a pest for someone next week. 

Big West: Hawaii vs. UC Irvine- I sort of want to see this game which reaffirms my decision to order a Russian bride. Pick: Hawaii

Other Games of Note:
Bubble teams will be pulling for Dayton to beat Rhode Island who can still steal a bid. UConn plays a home game basically against Tulsa. A Tulsa loss probably sends them out and a UConn win makes a lot of teams sweat tomorrow as they need to win to get in.

No comments: