Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Preseason Notes


As we whip through the early conference tournaments let’s take a look back at my preseason rankings and see what I got right and what I got wrong.

 Correct:

Of the bottom 21 conferences I picked 11 of them correct (Boston, UNCC, UWGB, etc).  Of the 10 I got wrong 5 of them had my pick finish 2nd in the conference.

As of today’s bracket there are only 8 at-large teams I had wrong in the preseason and of those 8, 6 of them are on the bubble.  The only big misses were Notre Dame and LaSalle

My 4 seeds, Wichita, Wisconsin, Virginia, and St. Louis were all noticeably higher than most other experts.  Until St. Louis lost 2 in a row all 4 of them were top 4 seeds
 
I had Ohio State and Pittsburgh way lower than most.  Lunardi had OSU as a 2 seed!

Wrong:

I really missed on Notre Dame and LaSalle.  They are both terrible.
 
Marquette and Georgetown were seeding disasters.  Marquette a 3 and Georgetown a 5?  I don’t know the Big East very well.

San Diego State and Iowa State were woefully under ranked.  I had them 8 and 9 seeds; both are 3’s currently. 

Oklahoma State as a 1 seed.  Boy, that wasn’t Smart.

No comments: